Job Type: Full-time
Pay: Dependent on Skill Set
- Prepare buildings for moving from one site to another on trailer, truck or rollers, determining most suitable technique based on knowledge of structures and moving- permit regulations.
- Breaks holes in foundation or removes underpinning, using steel cutter and carpentry tools.
- Position timbers and/or steel beams under house, position jacks.
- Rolls pneumatic-tired dollies under beams, lowers house onto dollies, and fastens dollies to beams using chains.
- Bolts crossbeam to supporting beams to provide tow-bar to move house.
- Attaches winch-cable to crossbeams.
- May turn guiding arm of rear dollies, using block and tackle to assist truck driver to negotiate sharp turns.
- May erect foundation. May lower and level house on foundation at new location, using hydraulic jacks.
- Drive commercial licensed vehicles to/from job sites – requires Commercial Operators License.
- May obtain permit to move houses.
- Maintain job site cleanliness by removing rubble and rubbish from job site.
- Maintain equipment and tools.
- Maintain and clean pickups, equipment and trailers on a daily basis.
- Operate a variety of equipment including hand and power tools, heavy equipment.
- Follow all recommended safety regulations as provided by the company.
- Be able to lift 50- 100 lbs on a regular basis
- Be able to pass medical physical and submit to drug and alcohol testing
- Good communication skills and the ability to work well with others
- Confident, self-starter with detail-oriented and deadline driven capabilities.
- Job may require evenings out of town.
- Be able to work shifts greater than 8 hours per day, if job deems necessary.
- Be able to work outdoors in various weather conditions
- Clean driving record, CDL preferred.
Download application to complete and return:
Employment Application Online (PDF)